Seven Generations Charter School offers an innovative, authentic and experiential approach to education.
We strive for excellence in all academic subject areas and the fine arts, while also focusing on sustainable living principles, including environmental stewardship and respect for all living things.
We are Nationally Recognized as an EIC Model School. Learn more…
Learn More about Our Grades
Environment as the Integrated Context (EIC)
The foundation of our rigorous educational program is the research-based “Environment as an Integrated Context for learning” (EIC) curricular framework that sets it apart from traditional public schooling.
- engagement in real-world investigations that regularly take them out of the classroom, into nature and the community
- fosters critical thinking
- creates an atmosphere of collaboration
- engages and empowers students and teachers to create projects that are student-driven
- investment and sense of ownership in their learning
- application of learning through student designed service learning initiatives
Nationally Recognized as an EIC Model School – 2012
“Since its opening in 2009, the founders, board members, staff, and parents at Seven Generations Charter School have worked tirelessly to establish an academically successful school using the EIC Model. As a result of all their hard work, the faculty, administration, and community members have achieved exceptional progress toward their ultimate goal of creating a school where students are receiving a high-quality, standards-based education grounded in understanding of, and commitment to, the environment. The success of Seven Generations instructional program is clearly demonstrated by the fact that their students are succeeding academically, contributing to their community, and have become active stewards of their environment.” – Dr. Gerald Lieberman: Director of the State Education and Environment Roundtable