UPDATES and RESOURCES: More information will be added when it becomes available.
- 3/16/2020: Governor Wolf declares that all public schools are closed from 3/16/2020 through 3/27/2020
- 3/19/2020: PDE declares that all state testing (PSSA, PASA, Keystone) has been canceled.
- 3/23/2020: Governor Wolf extends school closure to April 6th, students would return to school on April 9, unless extending the closure is needed in response to the situation with the virus at that time.
- 3/24/2020: Seven Generations Charter School Administration notifies the community that the school will remain closed April 6th through April 14th with the students returning to school on April 15h. The school closure may be extended in response to the situation with the virus at that time.
- 3/27/2020: Governor Wolf signs Act 13 of 2020 “which waives the requirement for schools to be in session at least 180 days, provides for continuity of education plans, ensures school employees are paid during the closure and provides the Secretary of Education with authority to waive student-teacher and standardized assessments.” See the full Act 13 of 2020 document here.
- 3/30/2020: Governor Wolf issues the indefinite closure of all schools.
- Talking About COVID with your children:
- Home Learning:
- Family Resources: Collection of general information about resources in the Lehigh Valley.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Guidance
Level of Community Transmission Table
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Guidance
- Order of the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Health Requiring Universal Face Covering
- Updated Order Department of Health Face Coverings 11/17/2020
- Travel Restrictions as of 11/20/2020
- Department of Health COVID-19 information
- PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SELF-ISOLATION WHILE AWAITING LABORATORY RESULTS
- Additional Guidance:
- CDC: Considerations for Schools
- CDC: Preparing K-12 School Administrators for a Safe Return to School in Fall 2020
- American Academy of Pediatrics – COVID-19 Planning Considerations: Guidance for School Re-Entry
- Close Contact with someone who has COVID
- Signs and Symptoms of COVID -19
- My child becomes sick at school
- Student has Positive COVID-19 diagnosis, school Flowchart
Supporting our Students:
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) Talking to Children about COVID-19: A Parent Resource
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Talking with Children about COVID-19
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times
- Brain Pop – Video about Coronavirus.
- Turnaround for Children
- Valley Youth House
- Supporting our Families:
- Lehigh County resources
- United Way-Lehigh Valley
- NAMI-Lehigh Valley
- Animal Food Bank of the Lehigh Valley
- SGCS Continuity Of Education Plan 7/8/2020
SGCS Phased School Reopening Health and Safety Plan
Equitable School Systems Roadmap
- SGCS Sign Attestation Ensuring Implementation of Mitigation Efforts