Dear Seven Generations Community:
On Friday, March 13th, Governor Wolf, in a preventive measure to the COVID-19 virus, ordered all public schools to be closed from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 27th. All school activities will be canceled during that time.
In response to that directive, the administration and staff have been developing a plan to provide supplemental learning activities for our students. That plan has been communicated to our school community and is currently being implemented by our classroom, special education, ELL and Title 1 teachers. For more information on those efforts, please connect with your child’s classroom teacher through your ClassTag account. If you have not established your ClassTag account, please connect with your classroom teacher through their Seven Generations email account.
Additionally, we have been working with our school nurse to confirm our relationships with local health officials and the CLIU 21. Below you will find links to the PA Department of Health and CDC for your convenience. We encourage our Seven Generations community to follow the recommended practices outlined by the PA Department of Health and CDC. It is also important for all of our community members to work closely with your primary care provider should you or a family member experience any symptoms that are severe or worsening.
In closing, we hope that you are all well during this challenge. This is a completely new experience for all of us. But it is an experience which, when we look for it, is drawing out the best in us. As I’ve proudly said before, the Seven Generations Community is the strongest and most supportive that I’ve ever experienced in my career. Let’s continue to build upon those strengths as we face this latest challenge together.
Looking forward to having all of our students and staff back at school,
UPDATES and RESOURCES: More information will be added when it becomes available.
- 3/16/2020: Governor Wolf declares that all public schools are closed from 3/16/2020 through 3/27/2020
- 3/19/2020: PDE declares that all state testing (PSSA, PASA, Keystone) has been canceled.
- 3/23/2020: Governor Wolf extends school closure to April 6th, students would return to school on April 9, unless extending the closure is needed in response to the situation with the virus at that time.
- 3/24/2020: Seven Generations Charter School Administration notifies the community that the school will remain closed April 6th through April 14th with the students returning to school on April 15h. The school closure may be extended in response to the situation with the virus at that time.
- 3/27/2020: Governor Wolf signs Act 13 of 2020 “which waives the requirement for schools to be in session at least 180 days, provides for continuity of education plans, ensures school employees are paid during the closure and provides the Secretary of Education with authority to waive student-teacher and standardized assessments.” See the full Act 13 of 2020 document here.
- 3/30/2020: Governor Wolf issues the indefinite closure of all schools.
- Talking About COVID with your children:
- Home Learning:
- Family Resources: Collection of general information about resources in the Lehigh Valley.
For a full report on our processes and procedures during the COVID closure, please see