Are you interested in working at Seven Generations?
Seven Generations is always collecting resumés from individuals interested in working with us. Current openings are listed below. Simply click on the job title for a full description. If you are interested in applying please send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
Read Seven Generations’ Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Full- Time Elementary Teacher
Seven Generations Charter School is seeking a Full-Time Elementary Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year
Seven Generations Charter School is an academically rich, educational community creating generations of stewards who embrace our world and each other. All members of the Seven Generations Charter School community are committed to a public education alternative that promotes sustainability and citizenship with an interdisciplinary, individualized, project-based curriculum. Seven Generations uses the EIC Model™, which interconnects best practices in education into an instructional tapestry that improves student achievement by using local and natural community surroundings as a context for learning. We are a charter school currently reaching grades K-5 located in the East Penn School District in Emmaus, PA. We have access to local partnerships in the downtown community as well as to creeks, trails, ponds, and parks within walking distance of our campus area. Our school draws students from a large number of surrounding school districts, and our school population represents a diverse community of learners from a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of teaching experience and must be PA certified. Candidates with Responsive Classroom training, curriculum writing experience, experience working with diverse populations, and dual certifications are preferred.
Applicants must provide copies of the following: cover letter, resume, PA teaching certificate and PA Standard Teaching Application. The following paperwork is required for an interview: three letters of reference; current Child Abuse clearance, Act 34 criminal history background check, and FBI criminal history clearance; proof of physical and TB test results. Interested applicants should send information to SGCSemployment@sevengen.org. For more information about our school, please visit www.sevengenerationsschool.org.
SGCS is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Individuals from under-served communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Autistic Support Special Education Teacher
Seven Generations Charter School is a K-5 public charter school in need of a full-time Autistic Support Special Education teacher who excels in the following competencies:
- Creates IEPs and lesson plans which have clear and measurable goals and objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to conduct progress monitoring and make informed recommendations/adjustments based on data
- Serves as the case manager and ensures that related service staff, classroom teachers, specialists, and paraprofessionals are meeting the requirements of the IEP
- Monitors that all IEPs/SDIs are being implemented properly across all school environments
- Modifies the general education curriculum for each student based upon his/her needs using various instructional methodologies and/or incorporating technology
- Maintains ongoing open and positive communication with parents/guardians
- Demonstrates competence in the use of IEPWriter or a similar program
- Possesses experience in conducting Functional Behavioral Assessments and creating behavior plans
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Danielson Framework and executes its implementation
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Uses strategies and techniques to improve the development of sensory and perceptual-motor skills, language, cognition, and memory skills as indicated in the students’ IEPs
- Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by PA special education laws, regulations, and school policies
- Teaches socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior modification and positive reinforcement
- Teaches personal development/functional skills such as goal setting, independence, and self-advocacy
- Facilitates the use of assistive devices, support technology and provides assistance with activities of daily living
- Provides opportunities for students to be included in the least restrictive environment with non-disabled peers
- Schedules and holds all special education meetings within the designated timelines and in accordance with PA special education laws and regulations
- Consults the parents, administrators, school psychologists, interagency personnel, and related service providers to develop individual educational plans designed to promote students’ educational, physical, social and emotional development
The successful candidate should have experience teaching students with autism at the elementary level. Experience utilizing Verbal Behavior Programming is preferred. Strong student engagement, communication skills (verbal and written), excellent interpersonal skills, strong skills applying the principles of behavior, and the ability to lead and effectively utilize several classroom paraprofessional staff members are desired. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, writing, and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSPs), as well as leading IEP Team meetings with parents and school personnel. Experience with teaching students with Autism and experience in ABA methodology is preferred.
Seven Generations Charter School is an academically rich, educational community creating generations of stewards who embrace our world and each other. All members of the Seven Generations Charter School community are committed to a public education alternative that promotes sustainability and citizenship with an interdisciplinary, individualized, project-based curriculum.
Ideal candidates must be PA certified. Starting salaries begin at $45,000.00.
Applicants must provide copies of the following: cover letter, resume, PA teaching certificate, and PA Standard Teaching Application. The following paperwork is required for an interview: three letters of reference; current Child Abuse clearance, Act 34 criminal history background check, and FBI criminal history clearance; proof of physical examination and TB test results. Interested applicants should apply through PA-REAP. For more information about our school, please visit www.sevengenerationsschool.org.
Seven Generations is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from non-dominant culture groups.
Are you interested in being a Substitute Teacher for general and special education classes, or a substitute paraprofessional, at Seven Generations?
We are always searching for dedicated, creative substitute teachers interested in our mission and project-based-learning curriculum. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.