Are you interested in working at Seven Generations?
Seven Generations is always collecting resumés from individuals interested in working with us. Current openings are listed below. Simply click on the job title for a full description. If you are interested in applying please send a resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the title of the position you are applying for in the Subject line.
Read Seven Generations’ Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
Elementary Long Term Substitute:
Seven Generations Charter School is a long-term substitute to support teaching needs throughout the 21-22 school year.
Seven Generations Charter School is an academically rich, educational community creating generations of stewards who embrace our world and each other. All members of the Seven Generations Charter School community are committed to a public education alternative that promotes sustainability and citizenship with an interdisciplinary, individualized, project-based curriculum. Our school draws students from a large number of surrounding school districts, and our school population represents a diverse community of learners from a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of education and/or subject area
- Current PA Teacher Certification
- Knowledge of best practice procedures and techniques for supervising students.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents/guardians with tact, patience and courtesy.
- Ability to understand the needs of students of a variety of abilities, interests, and backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and carry out spoken and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues, families, administrators, board of trustees, and community members.
- Ability to develop, read, interpret, and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and deliver instruction in line with EIC learning framework.
- Implement EIC units focusing on the local natural and social systems
- Maintain a learner-centered classroom
- Lead cooperative learning activities to promote team work skills and constructing shared knowledge
- Assist in the implementation service learning projects in conjunction with EIC units
- Plan and supervise community-based investigations, field trips, visits by guest speakers and other experiential activities, and guide students in planning and preparing for, reflecting on, and learning from these activities.
- Lead students in designing and completing hands-on projects related to EIC and content-area curriculum.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives and expectations for all student activities.
- Participate in our EIC gallery walks and back to school nights.
- Collaborate with other teachers, administrators, and students.
- Lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling.
- Maintain an organized classroom in which students have access to learning materials.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Create a positive educational climate for students to learn in using the Responsive Classroom approach to classroom management.
- Implement our school wide positive behavior support plan.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by abiding by the school code of conduct and following approved disciplinary processes and procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries/damage.
- Participate in ongoing PD and training sessions.
- Confer with teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to resolve students’ behavioral and academic problems.
- Attend staff meetings, and serve on committees as required.
- Perform administrative duties such as assisting in school libraries, hall and cafeteria monitoring, and student arrival and dismissal.
Applicants must provide copies of the following: cover letter, resume, PA teaching certificate and PA Standard Teaching Application. The following paperwork is required for an interview: three letters of reference; current Child Abuse clearance, Act 34 criminal history background check, and FBI criminal history clearance; proof of physical and TB test results. Interested applicants should send information to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about our school, please visit www.sevengenerationsschool.org.
SGCS is an equal employment opportunity employer. Applicants will be compensated $120/per day and will be utilized daily, regardless of coverage needs.