Seven Generations Charter School is seeking applicants for a Long Term Substitute
Learning Support Teacher position for the 22-23 school year. Ideal candidates must be
PA certified. Starting salary is $120/day.
Seven Generations Charter School is an academically rich, educational community creating
generations of stewards who embrace our world and each other. Members of the SGCS
community are committed to a public education alternative that promotes sustainability and
citizenship with an interdisciplinary, individualized, project-based curriculum. Our school draws
students from a large number of school districts, and our school population represents a diverse
community of learners from a variety of racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
● Bachelor’s Degree or higher in the field of education and/or subject area.
● Current PA Teacher Certification.
● Knowledge of best practice procedures and techniques for supervising students.
● Ability to communicate effectively with students and their parents/guardians with tact,
patience and courtesy.
● Ability to understand the needs of students of a variety of abilities, interests, and
● Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
● Ability to understand and carry out spoken and written instructions.
● Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with colleagues,
families, administrators, board of trustees, and community members.
● Ability to develop, read, interpret, and follow rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Creates IEPs and lesson plans which have clear and measurable goals and objectives
● Demonstrates the ability to conduct progress monitoring and make informed
recommendations/adjustments based on data.
● Serves as the case manager and ensures that related service staff, classroom teachers,
specialists, and paraprofessionals are meeting the requirements of the IEP.
● Monitors that all IEPs/SDIs are being implemented properly across all school
● Modifies the general education curriculum for each student based upon his/her needs
using various instructional methodologies and/or incorporating technology.
● Maintains ongoing open and positive communication with parents/guardians.
● Demonstrates competence in the use of IEPWriter or a similar program.
● Possesses experience in conducting Functional Behavioral Assessments and creating
● Demonstrates an understanding of the Danielson Framework and executes its
● Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is appropriate to the
maturity and interests of the students.
● Maintains accurate and complete student records as required by PA special education
laws, regulations, and school policies.
● Teaches socially acceptable behavior, employing techniques such as behavior
modification and positive reinforcement.
● Provides opportunities for students to be included in the least restrictive environment
with non-disabled peers.
● Schedules and holds all special education meetings within the designated timelines and
in accordance with PA special education laws and regulations.
● Consults the parents, administrators, school psychologists, interagency personnel, and
related service providers to develop individual educational plans designed to promote
students’ educational, physical, social and emotional development.
The successful candidate should have experience teaching students within an inclusive setting.
Strong student engagement, communication skills (verbal and written), excellent interpersonal
skills, strong skills applying the principles of behavior, and the ability to lead and effectively
utilize several classroom paraprofessional staff members are desired. The successful
candidate will be responsible for designing, writing, and implementing Individualized Education
Programs (IEPs), Positive Behavior Support Plans (PBSPs), as well as leading IEP Team
meetings with parents and school personnel.
Applicants must provide copies of the following: Cover letter, resume, and PA teaching
certificate. The following paperwork is required for an interview: Three letters of reference, Child
Abuse clearance, Act 34 criminal history background check, and FBI criminal history clearance.
For more information about our school, please visit www.sevengenerationsschool.org. SGCS is
an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity and equity. Individuals from
diverse backgrounds and experience are strongly encouraged to apply.