The purpose of the Special Education Department at Seven Generations Charter School is to provide Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) to students with disabilities. At Seven Generations, we endeavor to ensure that students with disabilities find success in a regular education setting. A student may receive additional services if that student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP) team determines that related services are required for the student to make adequate academic progress in the general curriculum. These services include, but are not limited to, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy and remedial reading and math supports.
- Read Seven Generations’ Annual Public Notice of Special Education Services and Programs, and Services for Protected Handicapped Students.
- View the Pennsylvania’s Education for All Coalition (PEAC) website for additional resources and information about workshops and support groups.
- Download the Carbon Lehigh Intermediate Unit Guide to Transition Services – A Family Reference
- Download: Unidad Intermedia #21 de Carbon Lehigh La Guia de Referencia de la Familia – Una Guia para los Servicios de Transicion
- Notice of Destruction of Special Education Records